Mr. Thoin and Mr. Clark meet with sophomores throughout the year. If you have any questions, concerns, or issues, please stop into our offices.
Working papers are available from Mrs. Manna, the guidance secretary. Please contact her at 716.874.5585 for more information.
College Planning Timeline
- Keep challenging yourself with solid college-prep classes.
- Take practice college entrance exams in the fall. The PSAT is given in October.
- Begin thinking about possible career goals/interests. Visit the Guidance Office Career Center.
- Continue your extra-curricular and community activities (without sacrificing your school work!).
- Keep in mind that summer jobs can mean money for college!
The road to college doesn't start when you begin visiting campuses and filling out applications. It starts when you commit yourself to making the most of your abilities inside and outside the classroom:
- Start planning a broad-based, challenging high school course of study, increasing your chances of gaining admission to the college of your choice and giving you the tools you need to succeed in a variety of fields.
- Take advantage of leadership and service opportunities that allow you to make an impact on your school and community. Staying involved in those kinds of activities is a great way to strengthen your college application.
Questions about the college admission process? See your counselor.
Counselor Contact Information :
Mr. Michael Thoin, (A-K) 874.4024 ext.121 email@example.com
Mr. Canaan Clark, (L-Z) 874.4024 ex.123 firstname.lastname@example.org