Year Founded: 1861
Founder: De La Salle Christian Brothers
Affiliation: St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute is an independent Lasallian and Roman Catholic college preparatory school for young men in grades 9-12. Students from all faiths are welcome to attend.
Accreditation and Memberships: St. Joe's is chartered by the Board of Regents of New York State and accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges. It is a member of the Christian Brothers' Education Association, The College Board, and the National Catholic Education Association.
Number of Students: 800
Student to Teacher Ratio: 14:1
Base Tuition for 2012-13: $10,890
Admission: Admission to St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute is open to young men whose elementary school record exhibits positive citizenship in an academic community and an ability to succeed in a rigorous college preparatory curriculum. Students must also achieve a satisfactorily competitive score on the school's entrance exam, which is usually taken in November of their 8th grade year.
Non-Discrimination Policy: St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic or other school-administered programs.
- Robert T. Scott, AFSC Athletic Field Complex - A new, 183,961 square foot, all-weather artificial turf complex
- Cullen Center for Excellence in Science - New facility featuring six classroom/laboratories
- Field House - Renovated extensively in summer 2011, offers locker rooms for all levels and a pro-style varsity team room
- 5 student computer labs and wireless internet access throughout campus
- SMART boards in all classrooms
- State-of-the-art Visual and Performing Arts facility
- Chapel and Campus Ministry Center for daily mass and quiet reflection
- Cullen Lecture Hall - a modern audiovisual space
- Class of 2013 - 164 graduates
- $24 million in scholarships and grants awarded from colleges and universities to Class of 2013
- Bro. Pompian Honors Academy provides rigorous academic program and enrichment outside of the classroom
- 17 Advanced Placement opportunities and college-level Gross Anatomy & Advanced Religion
- Over 80% of AP exams taken received a grade of three (3) or higher
- During the 12-13 school year, St. Joe's captured its 33rd Supremacy Cup
- 2 2013 NYCHSAA State Wrestling champions
- 16 students designated as All-Western New York Scholar Athletes, the most male award winners for any high school in Western New York